Thursday, May 18, 2023

Clifton 8 - after 250 km

In February this year, I picked up a discounted pair of Hoka Clifton 8 and I have used them for most of my runs since I got back from California in early April. Having just passed 250 km in the shoes according to Strava, I thought I should write down some of my thoughts.

Aesthetics aside (never buy blue or white running shoes if you live in Sweden), I think the outsole has held up quite well this far. The forefoot feels snappier even as the cushioning is better than in the previous versions of the Clifton. After some initial problems with lockdown (which I was able to fix by being more careful when lacing the shoe), I would give the shoe overall high scores in terms of comfort. While clearly more of an everyday trainer than a race shoe, I would consider using the shoe for a marathon, especially if you are one of those runners who are less focused on time (I know, it sounds weird, but such people do exist). Going forward, my plan is to keep the shoe in the rotation for as long as it lasts which, at 300 km per month, will hopefully be over the summer at least.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home