Thursday, September 12, 2024

Matador red

Watching the Trump-Harris debate, the “weirdness” of Trump was on full display, especially when he descended into repeating falsehoods of aliens eating cats (something that quickly invited numerous “Alf” memes). In the words of The Atlantic, Kamala Harris “broke" Donald Trump by making him see “matador red”.

As I visited Trollhättan Science Center with the kids today, I feared a somewhat similar reaction when asking why nuclear was excluded from its exhibition of clean energy sources. To my surprise, I was met by genuine curiosity, reminding me that, even as I apparently was the first person to ever ask such a question, the political landscape has changed a lot in the last decade. While the thought of having a museum showcasing nuclear energy and its historically unmatched potential to cut carbon emissions would certainly provoke the ire of Greenpeace and its allies, it may perhaps not be as outlandish as I first thought.

Beyond energy and a Tintin-style rocket, the museum also had oversized Lego bricks which the boys fell in love with. Add some excellent apple crumble to that and I would not be surprised if we return the next time that we are in Trollhättan.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home