Thursday, August 29, 2024

Sayur

Today, I had lunch with my colleague Tomas at the Indonesian vegetarian restaurant Sayur on Olivedalsgatan. The food immediately brought me back half a decade to the streets of Jakarta so I would give the restaurant a 10 out of 10 for authenticity.

Otherwise, with all running on pause after pulling my calf yesterday, I started the day with 1,000 meters in the pool at Valhallabadet before returning to Powerpoint. While I am coming up with new slides on research methodology, Germany is busy burning yet more coal, with record imports of thermal coal from Colombia now used to replace Russian gas, and the electricity carbon intensity still more than tenfold that of nuclear-powered Sweden. As if the irony of the Energiewende was not enough, the creativity of the anti-nuclear crowd reached a new peak when Arne Kaijser, in a recent article in Svenska Dagbladet, argued that building new nuclear in Sweden may risk causing an “enormous overproduction” of low-carbon electricity and that it would therefore be better to wait 10-15 years until any decisions are made… funny, last time I checked, we had increasingly interconnected Europeans grid and a climate emergency to deal with... 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home