Saturday, August 31, 2024

Lunch spin

Feeling better in my right calf, though not ready to go running just yet, I took Stålhästen out for a ride in the sunshine. Following one of Strava’s suggested routes, I got to ride along beautiful Landvettersjön for a few kilometres before taking on a wild climb up to Kåsjön, making me wish for a bike with gears. Yet, Stålhästen surely has a charm of its own and, as I got closer to Furulund, the Gotaleden signs put a big smile on my face.

Despite a busy autumn schedule, I hope to go for a few more rides with Stålhästen in the coming months. Unfortunately, I have had to put my long-time dream of riding to Halmstad on hold as I cannot really risk coming late to work, and so many things can potentially go wrong over those 130+ kilometres. However, an autumn Gran Fondo on a Saturday or a Sunday may perhaps still be within reach.

After working a couple of hours in the afternoon while Anna had a beer with her childhood friend Anki (the one who had the loveliest winter wedding last December), I made another chanterelle toast on the veranda thinking that, in less than 36 hours, I will be on a commuter train and that I better make the most of these last moments of freedom. According to Strava, I have done 51 hours of exercise in August (down from a whopping 66 hours in July). Given all the commuting I have coming up, I think I shall be happy if I even manage to rack up 30 hours in September.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home