Friday, August 30, 2024

Last breakfast

With August coming to an end, I got to eat one last breakfast at Grand Fitness today before my free trial membership ends and I no longer have access. As expected, the additional value over my regular Nordic Wellness membership has been fairly marginal and I have thus decided to stick with my previous gym plan, as much as I happen to like free smoothies ;-)

Given my calf injury, I otherwise limited my gym activities to one hour on the elliptical followed by some strength training. As I was done training, Språkskolan in Umeå called to tell me that, after half a decade of waiting, there was finally space for the kids to start next semester. Considering that we now live in Gothenburg, I could only thank them and ask them to have the kids removed from the list, but not without feeling quite a bit of nostalgia, just as I did when seeing that next Saturday, the 10k-race Umemilen is coming up, a race that I did twice when living in Umeå with my best time being 44 minutes and 24 seconds in 2019. So, for all those racing, good luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home