Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Road to recovery

One week after I pulled my calf on the treadmill, I was able to run 1k this morning with almost no pain. Though it was difficult to stop, I have promised myself not to rush things, so I will wait until tomorrow and then attempt 2k.

Yesterday, I had a conversation on Strava that reminded me of how fortunate I have been with injuries in the past, especially considering that I have been running 2,500 – 4,000 kilometres per year since 2018. If anything, I think all those long stroller walks that I did with the kids helped a lot to lay a foundation but, of course, so did growing up in a family without a car. As much as the kids may complain about having to bike everywhere, I do not think that the long-term health effects of everyday mobility can be overstated.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home