Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Italian Chocolate

Once back in Gothenburg, I was greeted by thunder and a fierce rain which continued all day today, prompting me to trade my planned long run across town for a faster treadmill run at the gym. Setting the treadmill at 4:21 min/km pace, I apparently overstretched myself as I started to experience a sharp pain in my right calf after 30 minutes, forcing me to slow down and walk the last meters until my watch said 6.66 kilometres.

Comforting myself with Elin's favourite Italian chocolate ice cream at “Lejonet & Björnen” afterwards, I was grateful for stopping rather than repeating my mistake from January last year that put my running off for more than a month. Hopefully, I will be back to running within days and able to regain some of the volume that I lost due to my cold last week. Still, I have decided that rather than going for 4,000 km this year, I will stick to my initial goal of running 10 km per day on average in 2023 (a goal which I am currently 97 km ahead of pace of).

Beyond running, I have spent a bit of time revising my forthcoming book chapter on ecomodernism and the Anthropocene in response to the reviewer comments that I received two days ago. As always, it is worth so much to have Jon in Sydney. His honest feedback has prevented more embarrassing mistakes than I can remember and my work would be much more polemic, in unnecessary or even unintentional ways, were it not for his editing help.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home