Friday, May 05, 2023

Fanø


In 1919, the journalist Märta Lindqvist spent a summer on the Danish island of Fanø which made her return to Stockholm in the autumn feel extra gloomy. However, reading her complaining about the weather, I can’t say that she gets much sympathy from me after this unusually cold and snowy spring. Still wearing my Craft SubZ jacket, I was nevertheless treated to plenty of sun on my morning run as I keep building volume with the hope of reaching 90-100 km per week through the month of May.

Already, I have a packed racing schedule, starting with Blodomloppet 10k in less than three weeks, Öland Ultra Trail in mid-June, Jönköping Marathon in August, and then, finally, Tallinn Marathon in September where I hope to, yes, I will say it out loud, qualify for Boston. As such, I really need all the volume I can get, especially now when I cannot swim due to my injury and Stålhästen is still in winter storage.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home