Thursday, April 27, 2023

Time flies

Equipped with Ellinor Skagegård’s brilliant new book about Märta Lindqvist, one of Sweden’s first female journalists, I jumped on a jet plane yesterday for a short visit to Örebro. Greeted by Sofi and her flatcoated retriever at the station, we immediately drove up to Kilsbergen for another icy swim. Though much less extreme than last time around in December, the wind definitely made me happy to once again being able to warm up over some Indian takeout afterwards.

This morning, waking up to bird song, I put on my Cliftons and went out for a long run to Karlslund and Varbergarskogen where I used to go running when I was living in Örebro a near-eternity ago. After the recent spring setback with all the snow in Umeå, it was absolutely lovely to be able to run through fields with wind-flowers and bunnies. Though I would gladly have continued running for another hour, I realized that it was time for work so the rest of the morning I have spent café writing and, now, it is time for nine hours on the train back to Umeå.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home