Saturday, April 29, 2023

Boston dreams


Though I have long been dreaming of qualifying for the Boston Marathon, actually doing so is slowly moving into the realm of the possible as I get older and the qualifying times gradually get more generous.

More specifically, when I turn 45 in July, I will be in a new age group with 3:20 as my qualifying time. Having e-mailed the Tallinn race director to double-check, I now have a confirmed qualifying race lined up so all I have to do now is to run (and run). For those curious, if I am to have a margin of one minute, I would need to keep an average pace of 4:42 min/km which is about 25 seconds faster per km than my current marathon PR (yet, ten seconds slower than the pace of my half marathon PR), so, maybe, maybe, just something I could do...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home