Thursday, April 06, 2023

Eucalyptus


Taking the BART from the airport last night, I felt much less cool than I used to do when living in New Jersey fifteen years ago. Maybe it was the open drug use or the psychotic eyes of the other passengers, but those thirty minutes on the train left me feeling outright scared to be honest. Once at the hotel, sleeping turned out to be difficult as it was already morning in Sweden but, in the end, I managed to get a few hours in the bank before waking up.


Still, after registering at the conference and picking up a venti latte (today, I was “Rusmas”), I could feel that some natural light exposure was called for if I were to make it through the afternoon conference sessions, so I went for a morning run around North Beach.


Inhaling the smell of eucalyptus and seeing the busy cafés of Little Italy and then some Golden Gate magic, all my dark thoughts from the night before vanished.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home