Friday, March 24, 2023

The New Yorker

This week, I have been marking 100+ exams, an exercise that always calls for a rather serious quantity of intellectual offset, in this case in the form of The New Yorker. Reading up on the declining state of the humanities as students focus on immediate employability at the expense of lasting Bildung, I am again concerned by how quickly both the students and we as teachers are becoming perfectly replaceable by AI as we leave less and less room for genuine thinking and questioning in Academia.

Having finished marking the exams, I returned to USM today for another full hour on the treadmill, after all, if it is called “friskvårdstimme”, it really should be one hour. Compared to working my way through the digital assessment tool “Inspera”, I must stay that the treadmill has a beautiful simplicity to it and that it calls for much less mental discipline...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home