Saturday, March 25, 2023

Albariño Atlántico

Though reminding me of a bottle that Anna’s mother gave me just as the pandemic was becoming real, this one is from Uruguay, at the far end of the map, and has a name that puts me right back in Rio.

Overnight, the sky had cleared which meant that the temperature had dropped down to -15 degrees by the time I went for my morning run around the lake. Still, with the sun climbing up to 30 degrees above the horizon, there is no doubt that spring is underway.

Meanwhile, to confront my fears, I invested in a book about preparing and responding to emergencies out on the trail. After freezing to the bones when running Tjörnarparen in February, I guess dehydration will be my primary challenge going forward, both now in California and later in June when I am planning to run “Öland Ultra”.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home