Thursday, March 16, 2023

Hoka Carbon X 3

Two years ago, I got my first pair of carbon-plated running shoes, as in the Hoka Carbon X 2, which I have since used extensively, most notably when running Trondheim Marathon. As we all know, prices are going up a lot these days, so I was surprised to find a pair of the updated model in size 48 for half the usual price.

With Tallinn Marathon coming up in the fall and Blodomloppet 10k already in May, it felt like a good investment and this morning I finally got to try them out on the treadmill. Having opted for the yellow/orange colourway, I think they look really good and fast. Racing away in a 4:16 min/km pace (i.e. the pace needed to run a marathon in three hours), I felt grateful that, as I am turning 45 this summer, my qualifying time for the Boston Marathon will soon be 3 hours and 20 minutes (or 4:44 min/km)...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home