Friday, March 10, 2023

Alpino

After the last days of heavy snowfall, it felt quite appropriate that PressbyrÄn in Gothenburg had Monocle Alpino on sale this morning as Anna and I are on our way to Stockholm with the kids. Travelling through a winter landscape, I read up on solitude in Voralberg, grizzly bears, and new bar openings in Helsinki - all very Monoclesque topics.

Meanwhile, it appears as if the sale of electric vehicles has plummeted in Sweden following the end of all subsidies last fall with non-electric cars again gaining in popularity. Though I am very much looking forward to renting a Tesla Model Y in California in about a month from now, I must say that I remain sceptical of the whole automobile paradigm and whether EVs really can be seen as a meaningful part of a sustainable future when you factor in the full lifecycle emissions and the road infrastructure. For my own part, I am just happy to be back biking after all the driving last year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home