Monday, March 06, 2023

Tea or wine

Having written in the past about train rides and the centrality of Stockholm in Sweden, I was reminded of a how, in the mornings, people on the train to Stockholm would drink coffee while typing away on their laptops in preparation for their respective meetings in the capital. Then, in the evening on the return leg, one could immediately tell how the meetings went based on what people would drink, with a clear divide between shell-shocked tea drinkers and joyful wine drinkers.

Today is definitely a wine day so I picked up some Chilean chardonnay in the bistro as my high-speed train makes its way back to Gothenburg. Having discovered that the 1938 edition of Ernst Jünger’s “Das abenteuerliche Herz” has just been translated into Swedish, I of course had to order a copy as I was beginning to run low on magic realism, not to mention, Prussian anarchism ;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home