Sunday, December 04, 2022

December marathon

A year ago, I was on my way to run Cyprus Marathon but a snowstorm in Hessen intervened and landed me in Kalmar instead. Today, after being down with a cold for a week, I decided that enough was enough and went for a marathon all on my own, something that I have not actually done since November last year. This time around, I followed the E4 all the way down to the lake where I stopped for a coffee and a “lussekatt” at Circle-K Carlshem before heading back along the incredibly icy road to Sävar via Innertavle. 

Meanwhile, down in Valencia, Henrik was able to finish his marathon in 2 hours and 51 minutes which was about two hours faster than my time, on the other hand, I did stop at Henrik’s ICA store in Täfteå on the way back to buy some more drinks. Nevertheless, I must admit that my marathon today was unexpectedly demanding, reminding me that one should always respect the distance, and that I really need to build up my running volume if I should have any chance at Tjörnarparen 100k in February.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home