Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Signing

The last days have been busy indeed with the kids starting their new school downtown and everything starting up again after the summer. For the moment, I am reviewing 16 applications for a PhD position at the new Arctic research school but, after working for a couple of hours this morning, I decided to take some time off and go for a longer run with Elin. As always, it was great talking to her and learn more about her wild race back in July on Ulvön where she scored a podium finish. And now I am taking another break as I am having shrimp salad for lunch at our local café Crosta.

Yesterday, Anna and I had the privilege of meeting the new owners of the house, or rather their parents, as we met to sign the contract. With the housing market in a tailspin, and interest rates spiking, it feels good to be out of the market even as I think that the house could still be a sound investment, not the least thanks to its extremely low maintenance costs. Hopefully we will soon know where our next home will be but, for the moment, there is something thrilling with the open horizons!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home