Sunday, July 31, 2022

Björnlandet

Long on my list, today I finally got to check out Björnlandets National Park together with Carsten. Located about 110 km from Umeå, it is a relatively new national park, only established in 1991, and covering an area of 11 square kilometres. 

Parking the rental car at the Angsjö Entrance, I ran the longest trail called “Svärmorsleden” which the map suggested would take 6-8 hours to hike, something that seemed a bit excessive considering that it is only about 12 km. Still, once out on the trail, some parts were indeed fairly technical with lots of boulders etc.

In the end, I ran the whole trail in a bit less than two hours, being extremely careful not to injure myself now when I have Fjällmaraton 100k coming up in four days. Running in my Salomon S/Lab Ultra 3, I liked them almost as much as their predecessor (which has been my go-to shoe for ultras) but I will leave it to the last minute to decide whether I will use them or my Hoka Torrent 2 for Fjällmaraton.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home