Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Project 22

Having soon reached my annual goal of running 4,000 km in 2021, I have decided that I will not set a new quantitative goal for the year ahead but rather try to bring back some of that simple joy of running when I feel like it (which tends to be more or less every day anyhow). However, before ushering into this unstructured running bliss, I have one insane challenge coming up now in January.

The idea, which I first came across back in July, is actually very simple, you run the same number of kilometres as the number of the day in the month. So, on January 1st, I will start with 1 km, on the 2nd, I will run 2 km, and so on. In total, this will give me a monthly volume of 496 km with my weekly volume topping out at 189 km (which, for reference, is 70 km more than I ever run in a week).

The obvious caveat is that I am likely to catch a cold long before the month is out, in particular if campus teaching returns as expected. But I will nevertheless give it a shot and see how far I make it. Given my time constraints, I should say that I have decided to bend the rules a bit so that I am allowed to run doubles (i.e. 15 km in the morning and 15 km in the afternoon) later in the month.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home