Tuesday, October 19, 2021

In theory

The other month, I was contacted out of the blue by Stephen Eric Bronner (who was my mentor at Rutgers back in 2008) asking me if I wanted to take part in a grant application. Of course, I was more than happy to accept. This in turn made me curious about what Bronner has been up to lately and, apparently, he just published a new book entitled Existentialism, authenticity and solidarity. Since these are all things that I am very much into, at least in theory, I immediately ordered the book ;-)

After the first sub-zero school run of the season this morning, I took my bike up to work for two hours of doctoral supervision followed by 1,000 meters of swimming at Navet. Wrapping up the day with some salmon sins and cheap wine from Sicily, I cannot really say that I look forward to biking through tomorrow’s 25 mm of rain and slush but, obviously, what would the challenge be if life was just lunches at Pontus and thrilling escapes?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home