Friday, October 22, 2021

Risoni

As wet snow keeps falling outside, I mixed some risoni with pesto and Thai basil for an oriental twist. One week has now passed since I was running up the hills of Vilnius in eager anticipation of Trail Kuršių Nerija (which by the way keeps posting cool race day pictures on their Facebook), and my body remains firmly in recovery mode. According to my Polar watch, I am still in red as in “overreaching”, so I decided to take another rest day in front of the computer. After all, in order to get the full training benefit of these kinds of “historic relative efforts” (as Strava likes to call them) you need to give the body enough time to repair all those microscopic tears in your muscle fibres.

This weekend, Anna is both presenting and chairing at an online conference organized by the IR-journal Millennium so I will be alone with the kids. Luckily, the forecast is promising cold and sunny weather, perfect for another forest adventure!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home