Monday, July 19, 2021

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

With the pain in my lower back gone, I felt ready to challenge myself again by rowing ten full kilometres for the first time at USM tonight. 45 minutes of hard work, enough for the mind to drift off completely, be it to Padjelanta, the high country beyond Sarek, future runs along Lithuanian sand dunes, or even backwards in time to Castilla y León when I had never thought of trail running as a sport. 

The other day, I told Anna that I am not sure if I will go on running like this forever, that it might just be a “phase” of sorts, a prolonged mid-life crisis or something. Still, thinking about how much I have improved as a runner over the last three years, I cannot help but wondering how far I would actually be able go if I were to continue for another half decade. Obviously, it will always be more about distance than time, and perhaps the inclusion of swimrunning (yes, I am seriously considering registering for Tavelsjö Swimrun in late August) or some Shackletonesque cross-country skiing adventure when that season comes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home