Sunday, October 24, 2021

Thin ice

Overnight, a thin layer of ice had formed on the lake as I set off on my morning run. With the temperature well below zero, I got a first taste of winter running, grateful that I have my warm Craft winter tights and merino base layer. Once down at the river, I was then treated to a sunrise that I will not forget anytime soon with different shades of purple filling the sky.

Making pancakes afterwards, I took out my England-mug, thinking that Northumberland Ultra is four months away. With every new ultra, it feels like I am getting better at knowing my limits and balancing my effort. Hopefully, I can take some of that with me to Cyprus Marathon in December but, based on my experience in Trondheim, I fear that I will go out way too fast once again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home