Saturday, September 18, 2021

Umåker 2021

Waking up to grey skies, I realized the need for colour so I decided to upgrade to my “high-risk red” Speedcross 5 for my long-awaited return to Umåker. After being postponed twice, this 16k technical trail race finally happened today and it was a blast! While I walked on many downhills, I was able to improve my time with six minutes compared to 2019, ultimately finishing in 1 hour and 40 minutes as number 68 out of 126 runners who completed the race. 

Out on the course, I got to talk a bit to a guy from Gotland who had run Gotland Ultra Marathon (GUM) in the past. Hearing his description of the course made me even more excited about GUM which will happen in two weeks from today. But, before that, I am looking forward to seeing the photos that Andreas took today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home