Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Delight

Since almost two years have passed since I had the real deal, I was thrilled to find a yellow box with “Turkish Delight” when stopping for coffee along the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland. Apparently, the Irish company Hadji Bey has been making Ottoman sweets for more than a century and has quite a story, including Armenians who fled persecution and arrived in Cork where they set up the company.

As the Hoka Mach 4 shoes in the picture suggest, I am finally back to running higher volumes after the disappointment in Trondheim. For the last three days, I have run 16 km per day with the goal of reaching 90 km by Sunday. If nothing unexpected happens, I am aiming to keep this volume all the way up to Lithuania in mid-October, in addition to my usual indoor rowing and now 2,000 meters of swimming per week, so hopefully I will be seeing some results out there on the Curonian Spit.

In the real world, electricity prices in Sweden are as high as they ever been (which is slightly funny considering how often I have been told that renewables are much cheaper than nuclear) and, with new cables being opened to the UK, prices are likely to continue rising. Since we should be busy electrifying transportation and other sectors of the economy in response to climate change, this is all very sad (but also highly predictable) news.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home