Sunday, September 12, 2021

Odyssey

Having forgotten my Polar watch charger in a Galway hotel room, I had to bring my old Suunto watch out of the drawer and back to life while I wait for a replacement charger to make it here from the Netherlands. Though Suunto always inflates my heart rate readings (in this case to 168 bpm on average), I have to admit that it did take a solid effort to run 10k in 4:44 min/km pace this morning as I could still feel the exhaustion from Trondheim. Running in my Nike Odyssey React, I was nevertheless reminded of that morning in Malmö when I flew above wooden decks.

With Navet finally being open again, I hope to go for a swim sometime next week and also bring my weekly volume back above 80 km as I train for Gotland Ultra Marathon in three weeks and Trail Kuršių Nerija two weeks after that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home