Sunday, January 12, 2020

Malmö

A year later and I was back running against the wind. Before sunrise, the harbour alleyways were sprinkled with purple diode lights as I flew above the ground in my Nike Odyssey. After months of running on ice and frozen trails, there was something almost euphoric with suddenly racing across wooden decks.

Yesterday at Vibliotek, I had some tapas with a childhood friend. Again, I was reminded of how selective my memory is and how little I remember of what was obviously painful. Not being reflexive from an early age is definitely both a curse and a blessing.

The morning run made me think of Bob Seger’s line, “I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then”. As unresolved as the past may be, I still appreciate everything that lends perspective, especially as I am now a parent myself. On the other hand, being here almost always brings back more than I can chew on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home