Friday, July 09, 2021

Vindelfjällen

Under blue skies, I went for a morning run down to USM for some strength training. Once back home, I made coffee in the new and shiny red Bialetti, unfolded my map of Vindelfjällen and started dreaming about my upcoming run between Ammarnäs and Hemavan. Last night, I booked a room at Hemavans Högfjällshotell so now my fate is sealed. While different sources give slightly different distances ranging from 78 to 82 kilometres, the total climb seems to be around 2,700 meters, making the trail quite similar to what I will experience in August when doing Fjällmaraton 100k. Even if I will not be chasing a FKT this time, I know it will be incredibly challenging with possibly unpredictable weather conditions.

Hopefully, tomorrow’s run along Tavelsjöleden with Niklas will be slightly less extreme. For tomorrow, I plan to run in the first iteration of the Hoka Torrent which I bought last year in February but have so far only taken to 90 kilometres, mostly because I bought the second iteration when I urgently needed a pair of shoes up in Kiruna. Beyond these two runs, I will try to get one more longer effort into my planning before I start tapering for Fjällmaraton 100k. Ideally, I would like to check out the 60 km long Isälvleden between Åmsele and Vindeln but the logistics are complicated to say the least.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home