Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Paddling

Despite having lived next to the lake for five years, it is only recently that we have fully discovered what treasure it is, from cross-country skiing in the winters to wetsuit swimming in the summers. Today, with Anna away working on her PhD, the kids and I were able to add canoeing to our list of lake activities.

On Saturday, my ultra-runner friend Niklas and I plan to log about 35 km along Tavelsjöleden, running uphill from Umeå to Sundlingska Gården. And next Friday, I will attempt to run all 80 km from Ammarnäs to Hemavan on my own. Ideally, I would have preferred to have some super-high volume weeks with, say, 21 km per day, leading up to Fjällmaraton 100k in early August. However, there is simply no way I can find the time for running that much every day so instead I am going for a more polarized approach with a number of longer runs and plenty of rest days in between.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home