Friday, April 09, 2021

Pandemic surprises

Both in the terminal in Umeå and aboard the flight, but also at Arlanda, everyone was wearing face masks so I was quite surprised to find that I was just about the only person doing so in downtown Stockholm this afternoon, including on the subway.

Often, when people abroad suggest that the Swedish response to Covid-19 has been so completely different from the rest of the world, I try to balance the picture and, for instance, mention the fact that we have not had a single meeting at the department for over a year now. Still, the degree to which people seemed to disregard all advice was quite stunning. On the other hand, the fact that I am making this “non-essential” trip in the first place put me in no position to throw any stones.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home