Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Night flight

Today was one long series of breakdowns starting with the kids again having cold symptoms. Later in the day, the drivetrain of my bike gave up completely and so did the computer at work just as my Zoom Q&A-session was about to begin. Still, as always, resilience is key so in the end I was able to bounce back, get Zoom up and running on another computer, play some Risk Junior with William and make waffles for “mellanmål”. And if I am lucky, the bike shop will have my bike repaired already by tomorrow.

Long before Covid, I used to go for runs to the airport and dream of the world beyond. With my school commute likely to be cancelled for the remainder of the week, I felt like making up for the lost volume by crossing that illuminated white bridge once more at night. With the evening temperature being a crisp -18 degrees, I kept the pace down though and instead focused on all the great adventures that lie ahead. As for those however, I just learned that Kullamannen has again been postponed, this time to the 28th of August which would give me exactly a week to recover before the Trondheim Marathon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home