Saturday, January 09, 2021

Orienteering

Apart from the odd day in school when you were sent out in the forest with a compass and a map, I have never practiced Sweden’s signature sport of orienteering. Last night however, I had the opportunity to run another “reflex trail” in wild terrain northeast of the lake together with an elite orienteer. It was great fun with a lot of snow and undergrowth but I kept falling behind as it was clearly not my home turf.

With stricter Covid-restrictions being introduced tomorrow, I thought it was best to swing by the gym this morning for a full 5 km of indoor rowing and another 3 km on the treadmill. Rowing for that long with high-intensity definitely calls for some imagination and dreams of future adventures. For the coming two days though, I guess it will be a lot of boardgames with the boys as Anna is away again finalizing her PhD.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home