Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Marrakech Road Runners

Exactly two years ago, I was out training for the Marrakech Marathon. Looking back on Strava, it was actually the first time that I ran out to Anumark and Innertavle which is kind of cute considering how often I have returned since (especially after the boys started going to school in Innertavle). A few weeks later, down in Marrakech, I managed to break the magical four-hour barrier with three minutes to spare, something I remember being really happy about at the time.

This afternoon, I extended the same loop further to the west, going up to Ersboda and Circle-K for some coffee and a cinnamon bun (Emelie-style), before heading back to Tomtebo. In total, I ran 22 slow km in my Salomon Spikecross 3 CS that are now almost at 700 km.

With potentially very good news coming out of Georgia, it looks like the Biden presidency has a chance to finally break with years of congressional gridlock and deliver on some of its bolder ambitions. In the best of worlds, this may also bring back idealism to Washington and people who are willing to take a broader view of history.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home