Saturday, January 16, 2021

Fell dreams

Last summer, I got a taste for the Swedish version of fell running. Dreaming of more, I have been researching different mountain races for the summer as I have written about before here on Rawls & Me. This weekend, one of those races is organizing a free virtual event where you run 21 km. The race is called “Vintern” and will be followed by a similar event in February called “Halvan” where you run 42 km. Both races have several prizes and, based on my previous track record with virtual races, I thought it was worth signing up.

With Stadsliden turned into skiing tracks for the season, I had to forego any real elevation gain. Instead, after topping up with a croissant and some black coffe, I went for a classic river run down to Lundabron and back. Unfortunately, not all roads had been cleared from snow so I lost quite a bit of valuable time in snowdrifts, finishing just at the 5 min/km mark, i.e. 1 hour and 45 minutes for the half marathon distance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home