Saturday, August 01, 2020

Grateful

Like after my two previous trail ultras, I feel pretty wrecked today. Still, I am immensely grateful that I was given the opportunity to run up Kebnekaise yesterday. The skies were just as blue as when running South Devon Ultra back in February and that definitely added to the Yosemite-style magic. It feels a bit odd to think that, prior to this run, I was more familiar with the mountains of California or Austria than of Sweden but now I am definitely eager to explore more, including the area around Åre with its annual mountain marathon.

Sadly, I was not able to record the whole run as one single Strava activity since the batteries of my Suunto Spartan ran out but otherwise I felt like I had just the right equipment, including my new Hoka Torrent 2 shoes in size 48 that were simply perfect.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home