Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The hope that is you

With the return of Star Trek Discovery season 3, I thought I should once again resume the habit of naming blog posts after episode titles. However, instead of being thrown 930 years into the future, I am back with the Italian renaissance and a glass of red wine as I am taking a moment away from all the planning and grading to “think” for a change.

To my relief, I do not feel particularly beaten up after my 3:35 marathon effort yesterday. Looking back, I remember that it took me three whole days of utter pain until I could even go for a gentle jog after my first marathon in Amsterdam two years ago. For every marathon that I run, my body seems to become better and better at absorbing the training.

Before I return to “Machiavelli in Tumult: The Discourses on Livy and the Origins of Political Conflictualism” as the snow falls outside, I am happy to report that I keep receiving positive feedback on the book chapter that I published earlier in the fall. In the past, my feeling has been that chapters in edited volumes tend to just disappear into the void but thanks to the possibility of publishing “accepted manuscripts” on Academia, ResearchGate etc, that is clearly changing.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home