Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Course Records

With all races cancelled, my great game plan for the summer was to run different Strava segments in the neighbourhood and try to set at least one CR or Course Record. However, my plans were dashed when a former elite runner appeared out of nowhere and captured every single segment within a 15 km radius more or less.

After studying Strava in detail, I found one road nearby that seemed to be at least slightly within reach. With the segment measuring a mere 270 meters and a 2 per cent climb, the current CR was 57 seconds or a 3:26 min/km pace, thus being at the very limit of my anaerobic capacity. However, having little to lose, I laced up my Adizero Boston shortly after 6 am and headed out to make history.

Although at the expense of a slightly strained left calf, I was indeed able to set my first ever Course Record by running half a second faster than the previous record, leaving me in no doubt about how hard it would be to set some of the other records around here. Now I plan to take two days off from the running in preparation for Tavelsjöleden with Elin on Friday. Hopefully my calf will be fully restored by then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home