Wednesday, May 27, 2020

FKT

Running through a fierce rain, I included a few laps around Campus Arena this morning, pushing myself to a 3:42 min/km pace for one kilometre before slowing down and continuing my usual circle around the lake. Considering the wind and everything else, I am hopeful that I will soon be able to repeat my feat of running 5k in under 20 minutes from December but this time outside.

As for speed, I am also getting ready for Elin’s and my latest adventure, namely to set a FKT (Fastest Known Time) on the 39 km long Tavelsjöleden. The current record for women is 5 hours and 57 minutes while the record time for men is 3 hours and 30 minutes. Total climb along the route seems to be about 550 meters downhill. If we chose to go downhill, we would take the bus up to Rödåsel and then run down back to Umeå.

In preparation, I was thrilled to receive the t-shirt from Territory Run in Oregon that I ordered about a month ago. Otherwise, my biggest investment for the moment has been a new bike trailer as the old one is become increasingly unsafe. The new Thule Chariot will allow me to run out to Innertavle with studs on those winter days when it is not possible to bike, thus hopefully making possible another fossil free school year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home