Friday, May 29, 2020

Proofs

It is a Friday in May with the summer just around the corner (at least if the forecast is to be trusted).

Last night, I received the proofs for my forth-coming book chapter from Springer Nature and today I was able to set a new PR on my local trail with Seth James DeMoor giving me kudos on Strava afterwards (which I guess is as close to a divine intervention that one gets in these secular times). As for the proofs, I was of course way too eager to submit my corrections, missing that the technical editors in Chennai had made a number of subtle but possibly catastrophic changes to my manuscript (like changing “an all-renewable energy system” to “all renewable energy systems”). Hopefully, they will be able to process my stream of additional e-mails outside the normal production flow but it made me sympathize with all the poor authors out there who have found their work messed up.

Nevertheless, it is a very good feeling that this project, which started with an abstract back in September 2018 and took me to both the Western in San Diego and BISA in London last year, is now finally finished, giving me one more point on the notorious “Norwegian list”. Especially, as with all the uncertainty about the autumn, I am afraid that I will not have much research time during the coming months but rather spend my days recording lectures in front of the green screen and designing different interactive activities for the students...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home