Saturday, May 30, 2020

Bulgaria

This morning, summer did make it to Umeå. With the shared neighbourhood trampoline up for the season, the kids are happy and I even find a moment to read the first pages in my new book Cleanness by Garth Greenwell. Last night, I followed Monisha and Jem all the way back to London with the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, wrapping up their 45,000-mile world trip. As such, I was indeed in need of a new journey, this time to Sofia, a city I still recognize thirteen years later.

After making oven-roasted salmon with spring vegetables for lunch, I put on my sunglasses and my Amsterdam Marathon finisher t-shirt for two easy loops around the lake which could not have been more beautiful. Unlike during the virtual edition of Göteborgsvarvet, I even managed to hide my drink bottle well enough to avoid dehydration :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home