Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Retrotopia

In one last push, I finished marking all the exams at 5 a.m. this morning so, with the grades now submitted, I can turn to the more philosophical tasks at hand. These include composing an abstract for the conference “Political Ecologies of Environmental Future-Making” due to take place in Brighton next summer and locating the literature that I need for my next article project on “nuclear democracy”.

The other day, my friend Gabriel reminded me of the existence of Patrick Deneen who is one of all those conservatives who distrust the future and emancipatory values. Like with degrowthers, buying their books always gives me double feelings but now a copy of Why Liberalism Failed is on its way from Bokus.

For now, however, I pour up some Americano and read a bit in Zygmunt Bauman’s Retrotopia while waiting for the third season of StarTrek Discovery ;-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home