Sunday, October 06, 2019

Indonesia

Back in May, our original autumn travel plans got cancelled when Anna was accepted to present her research at a conference in Jakarta. Thus, instead of Lamu and East Africa, we are now scheduled to leave for Indonesia in two weeks' time. While I have been to Bali once back in 2011, this will be my first trip to Java and the country’s capital. With a population of more than ten million people, it is the fastest-sinking capital in the world, something that has triggered the construction of an enormous ring dyke, a project that I am excited to learn more about. Otherwise, beyond the compulsory city run, I plan to spend most of the time when Anna is attending her conference with my new article project before we both head over to Bali for a couple of days of vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home