Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Poppels

Some time ago, my friend Ally recommended that I listened to one of the radio programmes by Mia Blomgren. After some browsing, I found a documentary about an old Swedish sailor that sparked my interest. Looking back on a long life at sea and twenty years of living in Australia, the sailor Nisse Andersson has now come ashore in Majorna where he spends his days looking out over the port of Gothenburg and the distant sea.

While I generally prefer the silence of the forest to music when running, I must say that I appreciated this break from my usual routine. And from the excellent “Sommar” IPA from Poppels microbrewery in Jonsered to registering for Göteborgsvarvet 2020, Western Sweden was somehow already on my mind. I have written before about my mixed feelings for Gothenburg, but at a distance it is always easy to romanticize and, as a parent, I have discovered that it is a really great city for kids with all the parks, ferries and Universeum.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home