Sunday, February 03, 2019

Blizzard

A week ago, I was running through the palm grove in Marrakech, promising myself never to do this again. Yet, this morning, I registered for Stockholm Marathon on the 1st of June, proving that I am truly a goldfish. Unfortunately, there will be no immediate marathon training as another 20 cm of snow has fallen overnight along the shores of Nydalasjön.

If I had the time, I would have gone to the movies to see the newly released Aniara movie. While I should still give the movie the benefit of the doubt, the nuclear war of the original play has apparently been replaced by climate change as the rationale for interplanetary migration. Considering that the destination Mars (sic!) has an atmosphere consisting of 96% carbon dioxide and no breathable oxygen, the magnitude of that climate change must have been severe indeed (and far beyond what even the most pessimistic calculations suggest would happen if all fossil reserves are burnt) to make Mars relatively more habitable...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home