Sunday, September 30, 2018

Rückflug

Flying across dramatic skies, I made it back to Umeå with a delay of about two hours. On Wednesday in Malmö, I will be discussant on a paper about social theory that revisits Douglas Porpora’s 1996 article on whether there are levels of social structure. Given that I spend most of my time debating far more mundane matters, like how to best stop climate change, it is great to be back thinking about the kind of perennial questions that, to borrow the expression of Max Weber, lend social science its “eternal youth”.

This morning in Gothenburg, I went for a 14k run through Rudalen that was truly a blast from the past. With Amsterdam Marathon exactly three weeks away today, I will soon begin to cut back on my running but I still hope to be able to squeeze in a few more long runs before that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home