Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sesquipedalian

When dreaming of morning runs through Englischer Garten, I was reminded of a more factual Tiergarten run and, then, the plane ale on the flight back to Arlanda. One of all these infinitesimal symmetries.

Making a really spicy chili soup for dinner, I pour up a can of Lagunitas “Sumpin’ Easy” hop-forward ale that just happens to teach me a new word: “sesquipedalian” (which apparently is used to describe polysyllabic words or long-winded prose). Learning a language is always a work in progress and new discoveries often happen in the most unexpected places.

The other day, I signed up for a 5k “Virtual New York City Marathon” in Strava that I have to complete during the first days of November when I will be a world away from my usual running tracks. In my imagination, I sometimes envision that I am chasing the sunrise along Avenida Atlântica in Rio and, while this may unfortunately not be an option for the virtual race, I will be closer than I ever been come November.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home