Saturday, September 29, 2018

Only U can save the climate

Talking at the book fair was fun, unusual and overwhelming at the same time. I cannot remember the last time I was so nervous about something so, with that in mind, I feel quite happy about the result. While it is always hard to know what people actually take with them home, I hope to have at least challenged some established truths about climate mitigation. The questions I got afterwards spoke of exactly that and a genuine curiosity about my highly contrarian perspective. Still, even for me, expressing “nuclear pride” is incredibly difficult given how entrenched certain misconceptions have become and the emotional investment that people have in existing mitigation strategies.

To my great joy, the adjacent hotel bar had “gamma rays” on tap, which felt like the perfect post-talk drink to share with my childhood friend Gabriel who is visiting from Poland.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home