Monday, October 08, 2018

Climate Nationalism

Today, Forskartorget published a video of my talk on “Climate Nationalism” from Bokmässan. While one can always think of things that I could have clarified or stupid details (like that my jacket got stuck in my belt) that I should have noticed, I must say that I was positively surprised by the quality of the final result.

Even if tantamount to changing the course of a supertanker, I hope that, over time, more people will begin to question the methodological nationalism of climate policy discourse and start to see the bigger global picture. Unfortunately, the Left remains more or less incapable of seeing its own responsibility for causing climate denialism, or its more recent cousin, climate nihilism. Until that changes, it is not particularly surprising that we end up with “simulative environmental politics” to borrow Ingolfur Blühdorn’s classic term.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home