Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Snapshots

With less than 100 hours to go, both Nilla and I have caught nasty colds :-( So, I went home early today, cooked a hot Indian meal (vindaloo with tomato and cayenne) and let the evening drift away in front of a good movie. Nine Lives by Rodrigo García.

Next to it we still have Wong Kar-Wai’s 2046. What else to expect in the home of a futurist? Following my trip to Hong Kong this spring I discovered Chungking Express so naturally I am very excited about 2046, the moment before Hong Kong’s self-regulated status finally ends and the border (below) at Lu Wo is supposed to disappear.
Retreating in front of the computer with a cup of earl grey (with extra bergamot oil) and a digestive biscuit loaded with numerous slices of Spanish chorizo. The autumn rain keeps falling outside. I reach for the bookshelf to find some poetry to conclude the day and the movie.

The last stroke of midnight dies.
All day in one chair
From dream to dream and rhyme to rhyme I have ranged
In rambling talk with an image of air:
Vague memories, nothing but memories.


(Broken Dreams by W.B. Yeats)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Natasja said...

Prosit!

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home